Design & Technology
Wind-Up Minibeast Mechanisms
Year 2 have been writing instructions on how to make a wind-up mechanism. Have a look at how to make one below.
1) Cut the top off a plastic bottle
2) Sow the cress seeds in soil
3) Push a cardboard wheel through a strong axle
4) Slide a plastic cotton reel onto the axle
5) Attach another cardboard wheel and bend the axle into a handle
6) Paint a polystyrene ball in the colour of your chosen mini-beast
7) Decorate the polystyrene ball into a mini-beast
8) Attach some string to your mini-beast and tape in to your cotton reel
The final product! A wind-up mini-beast!
We hope that you like them!
Comments are closed.
© 2015 Romiley Primary School